All short- and long-range efforts and operations are guided by plans as adopted by City Council. Each planning document is different, where some will be updated and adopted annually by staff, some documents are updated on cycles longside state agencies. The City Council is kept abreast at all times, and only adopt the plan if it coincides with the overarching goals of the City of Dayton.
- 2019 Comprehensive Plan Update (Ordinance 1955)
- Blue Mountain Region Trails Plan (adopted by reference in the 2019 Comprehensive Plan Update)
- 2019 - 2024 Transportation Improvement Plan (Resolution 1342)
- 2017 Shoreline Master Plan (Ordinance 1910)
- 2017 Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) (adopted by City Council on Aug. 30, 2017)
- 2018 Cooperative Parks Master Plan (Resolution 1362)
- 2015 Water System Plan (Updated in 2016; Resolution 1280)