Welcome to the Dayton Planning Department staffed by Karen Scharer, AICP. I encourage you to explore the Planning Department webpages for plans, codes, zoning, application forms, maps, and current long range projects which are available here and are only a click away! Additional content and documents also will soon be added so please check the webpages for updates.
The Planning Department provides guidance to encourage growth, enhance the character of the community; and partnership with businesses and residents to address interests and preserve strong, healthy neighborhoods. Our focus is on economic vitality, environmental integrity, and quality project development design.
Function & Duties
- GMA Long-range land use planning, strategic planning, and providing professional staff support to four separate city committees and commissions
- Overseeing Comprehensive Plan and development regulation amendments
- Administering the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), zoning and land use ordinances
- Processing land use and construction permits
- Office hours are between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Appointments on request.
KAREN J. SCHARER, AICP
111 S. 1st Street
Dayton, WA 99328